A beautiful view from the hotel rooms of the Black Sea and the bay stretching under your feet, a spacious pool with a breathtaking view, a few steps from the sea with a beautiful pebble beach – this is the first thing that can be said about the hotel “Sun Ray”. Modern, new and comfortable hotel is located near the old park of Counts Orlov-Denisov.Check Rates
Hotel Sun Ray is located in the village of Otradnoye, in a quiet and cozy corner of the southern coast, 4 km from the center of Yalta. The village is famous for its extensive beaches, clean sea and healing air. Massandra Park and the Nikitsky Botanical Garden can be reached in 10 minutes by car, and the famous Embankment of Yalta can be reached in 15-20 minutes. Simferopol Airport is 95 km away, the train station is 80 km away. In the immediate vicinity of the hotel there is a stop of public city and intercity public (fixed-route taxis) taxis, as well as a guarded parking lot.
The three-storey building of the hotel is located in a closed protected area. The housing stock includes standard rooms and apartments. Hotel rooms are distinguished by a high level of comfort, beautiful décor and unique views from the windows. They are equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom with shower, air conditioning, LCD TV, hairdryer, refrigerator.
For sports lovers and leading an active lifestyle, the hotel has a swimming pool with a depth of 1.5 m, sun loungers around the pool, tables for relaxation. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
A small pebble beach is 100 metres away. It is believed that the area has the cleanest beaches. All kinds of resort entertainment with many good restaurants and nightclubs are available in this landscaped coastal area.
Pay attention! Pets are not allowed to stay according to the internal rules of the hotel «Sun Ray».
We were in the Crimea for only 5 days, so we seriously approached the choice of hotel. We are glad that we were not mistaken. After booking, they immediately called back, clarified the arrival, offered a transfer (used). When we were escorted to our room, we were amazed by the balcony with a breathtaking view of the town and the sea. The rooms are cozy and clean. Many thanks to the staff for their attention and kindness. The location is great, the beach is very close, you can walk within a few minutes. On the territory there is a swimming pool, small, but clean (the only thing that the table was not enough). I recommend this hotel for a comfortable romantic getaway.
The three-storey hotel has 27 spacious rooms:
- Two-room quadruple room “Suite” (4 + 2 persons, 60 square meters). If necessary, the hotel provides an extra bed – a cot. The room has a shared balcony (except for rooms on the 1st floor), a toilet, a chest of drawers, a double bed, bedside rooms, a workplace, a dressing room, air conditioning, a safe, satellite TV, a refrigerator.
- Standard double studio apartment (2 persons, 24 square meters). There is also a shared balcony (except for rooms on the 1st floor) and other amenities.
- Standard family, two single beds or one double bed (2 + 1 person, 30 square meters). Extra bed — clamshell. In addition to other amenities of this room category, there is a mirror, a double / two single beds,
Each of the rooms has good living conditions, a pleasant atmosphere, new furniture and a beautiful view of the sea.
Towels, including beach towels, are provided to each guest in the rooms. In some categories there are bathrobes and slippers. Scheduled cleaning – every day.
We went out to rest at the end of the season, the hotel had few guests. We deliberately booked a small room as we were not going to spend much time at the hotel. The only drawback of this room is the stuffy and terrible creaking beds. The hotel has a very nice staff: they very quickly responded to all requests, sometimes bought products to order in the morning. Hot water without interruptions. At the end of our stay, we were offered free check-in in a suite that had been vacoled. Cons: none of the locals do not know this place, it was difficult to find. Sun loungers on the beach are paid, but in the evening, when there are few people on the beach, sun loungers can be taken for free. Overall the hotel is not bad – cozy with very nice staff.
The Sun Ray Hotel itself does not provide meals to its guests. There is also no kitchen in the rooms. But this is not a problem – in Otradnoye there are a lot of places where you can eat inexpensively:
- “Ai-Petri” is an elegant panoramic hall (the best on the coast), the menu presents the most famous dishes of international cuisine in a traditional style.
- Marble specialises in themed cooking evenings. Crimean and Tatar dishes are prepared on Monday, Ukrainian on Tuesday, Asian on Wednesday, Mediterranean on Thursday, Caucasian on Friday, Russians on Saturday, European on Sunday. Dinner is served in Swedish format.
- “Mother’s dumplings” – Russian and Ukrainian dishes in a cozy atmosphere of a rural courtyard.
- Restaurant “A-Taveola” offers Italian cuisine.
- “Skullcap” – spicy oriental dishes (there is a children’s menu).
- “Samurai” – Japanese delicacies.
- “Mandarin” – light snacks and a large selection of vegetarian dishes.
- “Livadia” – themed dinners on the outdoor terrace.
- In the sports bar “Sneakers” every evening fans of team sports gather to watch and discuss the matches of their favorite teams over a mug of beer.
Not far from the hotel “Sun Ray” there are not only restaurants and cafes, but also a market and grocery stores. Every tourist will be able to choose food to his taste.
More information! Some restaurants deliver food to the hotel. Staff at the reception will be happy to tell you which establishments have such a function.
The embankment of the village of Otradnoye is the center of the entire local entertainment infrastructure. But this place is not yet intended for lovers of constant parties, so do not expect much.
During the day, stalls and tents with beach supplies and snacks line up along the shore. In the morning animation with charging for those who wish, in the evening disco. Nearby is a park that belongs to the Hotel Ripario, but the entrance is allowed to everyone. There is also a beach of this hotel, which is considered the most equipped in the city.
Reviews of Crimean vacationers show that the infrastructure of the beaches of Otradnoye still leaves much to be desired. Showers, toilets, rental offices have already appeared, but they are still not enough to fully meet the needs of all visitors. Gradually, these shortcomings will be eliminated.
The shore in Otradnoye is quite narrow, everywhere covered with pebbles. The district is divided into parts by several breakwaters:
- Central free beaches. One of the most popular is crab. Here it is recommended to immediately rent a chaise longue, as well as wear appropriate shoes: the shore is covered with small stones, but there may be large stones in the leader. For this reason, the beach is not very suitable for families with small children, but it is clean.
- Private beaches. Some hotels in Otradnoye have their own beaches. One of the best is the beach in the hotel “Ripario”. It is not far from the city center, the pebbles are relatively small. Guest reviews confirm that the conditions here are excellent. There is Wi-Fi even on the shore. Vacationers also note a relatively flat bottom and a gentle approach to the sea. Therefore, here you can relax with children. But remember, it can be deep here – you need to keep an eye on the children.
In Otradnoye, jellyfish are often found, but you should not be afraid of them. There are never many of them, and children and teenagers constantly arrange for themselves entertainment: a “safari” with a bucket and a cap with the task of catching a larger jellyfish.
Note! If you do not want to go to the beach, you can relax in the hotel itself – for this there is a swimming pool with sun loungers.
The hotel accepts children of all ages. Unfortunately, no discounts and no entertainment, except for children’s TV channels, the hotel “Sun Ray” does not provide. At the same time, there are several entertainment centers nearby, where guests of the apartments can relax with the whole family.
Also, children and their parents will definitely like the water park in Yalta. There are slides of different heights and drops, there are pools for children and adults, cafes, recreation areas. Water park “Atlantis” was built for thirteen months, but the results were very impressive. Its capacity is 1000 people a day who can have fun. Atlantis Water Park has its own swimming pool, as well as water slides, such as the Black Hole and Kamikaze. Also in the water park there is a “Water River”, with a large number of water obstacles.
On the beach of Intourist there is a unique oceanarium, which is home to 200 species of marine animals and plants. The aquarium is located on the territory of the hotel “Intourist”, 30 meters from the sea. There is an opportunity not only to look at these marine life, but also to feed them. The aquarium contains rays, reef sharks, seahorses, turtles and many other representatives of marine fauna. Those who love sea fishing will also appreciate this place. Fishermen will be able to get acquainted with the rich selection and diversity of fish living here.
In Yalta there are other equally interesting entertainment. For example, in the park area opened the largest cable car on the southern coast.
Important! The comfort is that almost all objects work all year round, so guests of the hotel “Sun Ray” do not have problems with the organization of leisure even for children.
- Massandra Park and Palace in the village of Otradnoye in Yalta is a place that can be considered a must-visit. Thousands of tourists and locals come here to walk along the well-groomed alleys, take a boat ride, as well as climb the palace complex and see its sights. The park of the Massandra Palace, which is a monument of landscape art, can be safely called the pearl of the Crimea. Also nearby is a number of private wineries and enterprises that specialize in the production of wines.
- Museum and tasting room of the Institute of Winemaking “Magarach”. It is located in the building of the former estate of the scientist-viticulturer, the founder of the scientific school of viticulture and winemaking in our country V.Ya. Magarach. This museum is one of the oldest research and production enterprises in the world, where fundamental scientific schools in the field of viticulture were created. In the cellars of the complex you can get acquainted with the history of the development of viticulture and winemaking in the Crimea, learn about the oldest, prestigious varieties of vineyards, about what varieties of wine are produced on the peninsula. At the request of visitors to the museum, wine tastings can be held.
- The Nikitsky Botanical Garden is a state botanical garden in the city of Yalta. It was founded in 1812. The garden is located on an area of 1000 hectares. This is one of the oldest and largest botanical gardens of the Crimea, the main scientific and methodological center for the protection of rare and endangered plants. The Nikitsky Botanical Garden has a rich collection of various plants. More than 30,000 species, forms and varieties of plants grow here, among which there are both rare and endangered species. Also in the collection are plants of different climatic zones of the Earth.
- Rope Park “Laziness in Stump” is a unique project that offers its guests fun and useful time in the fresh air. The rope park with the name “Laziness in the stump” is a great place for a family holiday, where adults and children can have fun, combining business with pleasure. In the park you can find trails of varying complexity and direction – from simple and tireless routes to complex and breathtaking.
Important! If you are in doubt where to go or do not know how to get to a particular place, the staff of the hotel “Sun Ray” will tell you.
Sun Ray is a modern, energetic hotel for those who like to travel a lot, learn new things, enjoy good wine and life, enjoy sunrises and sunsets in the beautiful city of Yalta. The hotel staff is always glad to guests who appreciate quality, style and comfort.
By plane to the airport of Simferopol, then from the airport by city taxi or bus to the stop “Nikitinsky Botanical Garden”, then cross the street and take a taxi with a fixed route No. 29A to the stop “Pension Coastal”.
By intercity bus to the bus station Yalta, then by trolleybus No. 1 to the stop “Clothing market”, then by bus No. 29A to the stop “Boarding House Coastal”.
By private car across the Crimean bridge, then in the direction of Yalta.