Going to the south of Russia, in the Black Earth? Then you will be happy to meet its capital – the city of Voronezh, and the hotel Ramada Plaza (Ramada Plaza).
The hotel is still located in the European part of the country, but much closer to the southern seas.
A few centuries ago, it was here that Tsar Peter the Great began the construction of ships, and in our time a small shipyard has grown into a modern comfortable city. Here were born and brought up known to each of us from school writers Bunin, Platonov, Nikitin.
Not even knowing that there are a lot of interesting places in Voronezh and the surrounding area, Russians often visit the capital of the Black Earth region only on the way to the Crimea or the resorts of the Krasnodar Territory.
Indeed, the city is among the top ten most visited tourist cities, and you can stay in one of the best hotels in the city – Ramada Plaza.
Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Voronezh is a five-star hotel in the heart of the city. If you come by train, you will get from the station and stay here within 15 minutes. The international airport of the city – 17 kilometers from the center, is also quite close. Transfer from the airport and back is available on request, the service is paid.
The modern 16-storey building is located at the address: Voronezh, Ordzhonikidze Street, 36A.
Rooms of the hotel
In total, the main building has more than 200 rooms of various comfort levels: from standards (30 sq.m) to suites or apartments. All rooms are freshly renovated, there are always climate control systems, modern appliances and a cozy bathroom. For convenience, guests can enjoy a tea corner and an in-room microwave if you wish to have a snack on your own.
The entire building is confidently working Internet, high-speed and wireless, this service is free for all residents.
Free use of:
- mini – bar;
- recreation area;
- ironing facilities.
The hotel administration pays special attention to guests with disabilities, there are ramps, spacious elevators and rooms with special equipment in the bathroom.
Andrew, Kostroma “Beautiful hotel, all at the highest level: the room is large and bright, very pleased with the repair; panoramic windows make it possible to admire the city center. Great breakfast for five, chef special thanks! I especially note that no signs on the door do not need to hang, all information is transmitted through the touch screen. The staff is friendly and calm, thank you for that! If I am in your city again, I will stay with you!”
Meals at the hotel
A hearty and varied breakfast buffet is included in the rate.
If you need to leave the hotel very early, you will pack it for takeaway. If you need any special meals, please indicate this when booking. Diet menu is offered primarily to children and elderly guests.
You can also have lunch and dinner in the hotel’s à la carte restaurant or visit the “Papin Sibiryak” and “Teatralné” establishments 200 metres away.
Services and entertainment
Hotel Ramada is not only a place of rest, but also a modern conference area with several halls with a total capacity of up to 450 people. A special service is ready to organize your event “turnkey”, provide all the necessary equipment and prepare a banquet at the end.
The central location in the city, modern infrastructure and business orientation of the hotel makes it popular among businessmen, honored guests of the city.
The reception service is open around the clock, and helps guests to check in quickly and comfortably.
The territory of the hotel is under constant protection, so that for the safety of yourself, your partners or family, you do not have to worry.
All guests staying at the Ramada have unlimited access to the fitness centre and sauna, and picnic and barbecue facilities can be rented at the concierge desk.
Also, the staff will always tell you all the most interesting things about the city and its attractions, where you can go and at what time. If necessary, you can book a tour with a wonderful guide.
What to see in Voronezh, if you are here for the first time?
The most famous sights of Voronezh
- You arrived in Voronezh by train. The main building of the station is already a separate monument, its architectural “highlight”. The building looks very solemn and harmonious. Unfortunately, during the Great Patriotic War, the building suffered, and was re-installed in peacetime. They used marble, stucco and sculptural compositions on the roof.
If you did not have to visit there on arrival, be sure to walk and admire the local station.
- The Annunciation Cathedral amazes with its beauty and grandeur. The temple is one of the highest in the world (the height of the bell tower is about 100 meters).
The special temple is its architecture in the pseudo-Russian style, which was very clearly manifested in the combination of the “Greek” flat dome with bulbous. The Annunciation Cathedral has been decorating the city since 2009, but has already become its symbol.
- The most tourist place in Voronezh is Admiralty Square. Judging by the name, there is a lot to do with shipbuilding, and it’s true. The square is decorated with a museum in the form of a ship called “Goto Predestination” (translated as “God’s Foresight”). It was the first ship of linear design, built by Peter the Great at the Voronezh shipyard and then sent to Azov. In our time, on the square of Voronezh is its exact copy with authentic things of the 18th century inside. The present vessel was sold and left the country.
- According to the magnificent tradition of all “sea” cities, the central square is also decorated with a monument to the “300-year history of the Russian navy” in the form of a triumphal column, as well as the Assumption Admiralty Church, in which now, as well as several centuries ago, they pray for military sailors. The church traces its history back to the 17th century (one of the oldest in Voronezh), the first ships that came out of the local shipyard were consecrated here.
- Monument to the ship “Mercury”
To see this unusual ship, you need to get to the Voronezh reservoir. There is an assumption that in the 18th century there was a lock with a dam to change the water level.
The rowing ship with sails “Mercury” is also known since the time of Peter the Great, built here and participated in many military battles in the southern seas. It sank, fell apart, but was rescued and repaired several times. He was in the service of the state until 1716, after which he was written off and dismantled.
Now in the water area of the Voronezh reservoir there is its exact copy, and not on an ordinary pedestal, but on a concrete support of power lines since 1972.
The ship is located slightly at an angle to the water surface, so the locals call it the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
To get a closer look at the ship, you can swim up to it by boat.
- Monument to Kitten from Lizyukov Street – the favorite cartoon hero of all children of the Soviet space. Without a doubt, this is the most famous sculpture in Voronezh. in the city there really is a street with this name, it is there that a cute kitten stands. Next to him is a crow, as in a cartoon. Traditionally, everyone pulls the cat by the mustache and strokes, so soon the city authorities will have to protect the monument from loving fans.
Natural beauty of Voronezh. Parks and reserves
“Divnogorye” – museum-reserve
It is a must visit, if you spend more than 1 day in the city, it is worth it. It is located on the picturesque banks of the Don, 80 km south of the city. On the map you can find the farm of the same name nearby. Soon Voronezh will be able to be proud of its reserve fully, because it is a candidate for inclusion in UNESCO, and this is very honorable.
“Divnogorye” is a huge area of 11 sq. km, on which Cretaceous deposits with algae from the bottom of the ancient sea were discovered. We can say that they are still “alive” – when moisture hits them, they begin to turn green. Such deposits are visible very clearly, as they are located on pillars – remains of different heights (up to 180 meters).
Just imagine that among this natural beauty, in the depths of the chalk rocks, is the temple of the Sicilian Icon of the Mother of God. It was naturally hollowed out (it is difficult for us to imagine now) in a stone remain more than 150 years ago, and then an icon was miraculously found here. Extraordinary beauty place, visit for sure!
- You can make an Orthodox pilgrimage to the Assumption Monastery of the 17th century, also built next to Divnogorye. The monastery is active, and you can always get to the services. In summer, liturgies are held until late in the evening.
- Mayak settlement – a monument of archeology in the open air, refers to the 9-10 centuries. Here you can see fragments of military and civilian fortifications of the Khazars. an ideal place for lovers of recreation in tents and hiking.
- Park “Scarlet Sails”. Do you want to relax in nature without leaving the city? Then come here. In the pine park overlooking the river breathes easily, there is a lot of space for picnics and outdoor games with children. Very often in the evenings there are live music concerts and entertainment events for the whole family. “Scarlet Sails” – the center of cultural life of Voronezh.
The wonderful city of Voronezh, so hospitable and interesting, opens its doors to vacationers! Whether you’re on business or traveling, you can always stay at the comfortable Ramada Hotel in the heart of the city and plan your experience with the city and the surrounding area! Welcome to Ramada Plaza Hotel!/?php echo the_content(); ?>