Mövenpick Krasnaya Polyana is a modern upscale hotel complex located in the foothills of the Main Caucasus Range, which began operations under the Swiss brand two years ago. The hotelis aimed at guests who prefer a secluded holiday and a high level of service.Check Rates
It is located next to the Krasnaya Polyanarailway station, an hour’s drive from Sochi International Airport. The cable car is within walking distance. Nearby there is a rental of sports equipment with a workshop. There is an instructor service and a children’s club.
Pavenpik Krasnaya Polyana became the first mountain hotel of the Swiss brand. By the way, in Russia there were no representatives of the Mövenpick family until 2019. The building of the five-star hotel consists of five floors. The windows of the rooms overlook both the mountain peaks and the courtyard in the form of an atrium. On the ground floor there is a gourmet restaurant. The hotel has a thermal SPA-zone with steam rooms, an indoor pool and gyms. The territory is under round-the-clock surveillance.
Elvira: “Amazing hotel. The staff is as friendly as possible, constantly asking how the day went, how they got there. When checking in, the girl at the reception Vita was extremely nice, immediately recorded us in the spa, and told about the discount on the lifts.The hotel was very nice, spacious rooms, the room was hot, but we quickly corrected and adjusted the temperature. For breakfast there is always red fish, champagne, meat in any form, vegetables. Insanely tasty, not oily and not fatty, cheesecakes. On request, prepare any scrambled eggs with different additives. I 100% recommend the hotel. The furniture is in places ushatan, and the room too, for example, in our room 411 heated towel rail would have to be replaced. But all this is small things, I liked it madly, I really want to come back, and in general I did not want to leave. “
The interior of the hotel is made in warm colors, the windows offer a panoramic view of the mountains. It offers 52 cozy and spacious rooms, each of which is equipped with a designer bathroom. On request, an extra bed can be placed in the room.
All rooms are divided into 5 categories:
- Krasnaya Polyana Lux is one of the largest apartments in Russia with an area of 583 m². This is a duplex room with seven rooms, a cozy living room with a fireplace, two terraces, its own gym and SPA-zone. The first floor of the suite is occupied by a dining area, a work area and a living room, two bedrooms with bathrooms and a view terrace. On the second floor there is a master bedroom with a fireplace and a spacious bathroom. There is also a terrace of 125 m².
- Duplikh Suite – duplex room suitable for families. The apartments are designed for 4-5 guests. The ground floor is occupied by a living room with fireplace, dining room, balcony and toilet. On the second floor there are two bedrooms with work areas, a living room, a dressing room, a bathroom with a jacuzzi and an outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the mountain peaks.
- Overlooking the hotel’s patio, this suite is divided into several areas: a bedroom, a living room with a fireplace and a dining area. The bathtub is equipped with a jacuzzi. The room has a guest toilet and a separate dressing room. There are sun loungers on the balcony.
- Superior Suite is a three-room suite with a terrace. The bedroom has a large double bed. In the living room there is a fireplace and a 360° rotating television screen. The terrace overlooks the mountain scenery and features rattan furniture.
- Superior – a spacious room with one double or two single beds, designed for 2-3 guests. In addition to the bedroom, there is a seating area with a large TV, sofa, armchair and coffee table.
Note! Pets are only allowed upon prior request. The service may be paid.
In the building of the hotel there is a restaurant of Savoyard cuisine “Raclette”. Breakfast is served every morning and is included in the room rate. Lunch and dinner are served à la carte. Guests can taste the hits of Swiss cuisine, prepared on the basis of molten gruyère cheese. The menu also features Mövenpick’s signature dishes, including Zurich veal, Casimir rice and beef tartare.
Note! Every day in the lobby of the hotel there is a “chocolate hour”, where delicious desserts from the brand chef are served.
Mark: “We had a magical weekend in the hotels. Wonderful breakfasts with a wide range of dishes, accompanied by perfect service. I also liked the nice free bonus in the form of a chocolate hour with chocolate fondue. Housekeeping meets all the requirements and what’app with each guest is a great idea.”
- Restaurant “Chestnut” justifies its name. The menu of the family restaurant really has a lot of dishes with local chestnuts: soups, snacks, meat. The establishment is located in the building of the hotel “Ibis Styles”
- Lancelot Restaurant is located directly opposite the Mövenpick Hotel Krasnaya Polyana, at the entrance to the Wonder Land amusement park. Here the atmosphere of medieval Europe, the time of King Arthur, is recreated. The interior is decorated with replicas of armor and weapons. The menu includes dishes cooked in a wood-burning oven.
- “White mushroom” – offers Kuban and European cuisine. Located in an authentic wooden frame near the hotel. Entertainment activities are available on the restaurant’s terrace. Ethnic interior décor resembles a European chalet.
Although the entertainment map of Krasnaya Polyana includes about 100 attractions, the main ones are snowboarding and skiing. The winter season in the region lasts several months – from the beginning of December to the end of March. The height of the snow cover reaches 5 meters, on the tracks – up to 1.5 meters. Mild climate and excellent service create comfortable conditions for sports.
The nearest ski lift to the hotel is 350 metres away. There are 17 lifts nearby. The resort offers 30 km of trails of varying difficulty, 9 zones for freeriding, as well as 2 snow parks with special figures for performing complex stunts. Evening skiing is available – 5 km of trails equipped with artificial lighting. In winter, various sports and entertainment events are held on the slopes.
All types of ski service are available, including full restoration of sports equipment. In the workshop you can not only sharpen the edges, but also make individual insoles for comfortable riding.
Note! Guests of the hotel can not only use the nearest ski lift for free, but also get a discount on the purchase of ski passes.
Beginners can ask for help in the instructor service of the resort of Krasnaya Polyana, where both group and individual classes are organized. Training takes place on the green “Training” track, which is equipped with an artificial snowmaking system. However, attention in the instructor service is paid not only to those who first got up on skis. Experienced athletes can be trained in programs to improve skating techniques.
Importantly! Snowpark opening hours and the availability of trails depend on the weather and the operation of the cable car.
Fans of extreme entertainment can test themselves in the amusement park “Gorky Fly”. At an altitude of 2200 meters is the longest zipline in Europe, the length of which is 1027 meters, and the flight speed is 80 km / h. The attraction is available for children (from 10 years) and adults weighing from 40 to 110 kg.
On the embankment of the Mzymta River there is an open sports and entertainment park “Vremena Goda”. On its territory there are several children’s playgrounds, sports simulators, courts, a football mini-stadium. One of the largest skateparks in Russia has also been built here.
In the summer of 2019, a panoramic platform was opened on Krasnaya Polyana with a view of the Caucasus Mountains, the valley of the Mzymta River, the Aibgi ranges, the mountain peaks of Abkhazia and Adygea. To get to it, it is enough to buy a walking ticket “Gorki Tour” or a summer ticket “Summer in the mountains”.
After an active day, guests can relax in the spa centre, which is located on the ground floor of the Mövenpick Krasnaya Polyana. There is also an indoor 30-metre swimming pool and a gym. Spa services are included in the price.
Importantly! Children under 14 years of age can use the swimming pool and spa only if accompanied by an adult.
During the summer season, Movenpeak offers a free shuttle to the private beach, which is located next to the Olympic Park. The beach is designed for 300 people, reservation of a place is carried out at the reception desk.
All hotels of the Mövenpick hotel chain welcome little guests. Extra baby cots can be fitted in the rooms. Children up to 5 children can stay free of charge.
Importantly! Before booking, check availability and the cost of extra beds. Be sure to specify the number of children and age.
For children at the resort there is a ski club. They are accepted for training from the age of 3. Classes are held on a special children’s educational slope, where adult athletes are not allowed. The training track is equipped with a modern lift with an anti-sliding surface. The safety of children is monitored by an experienced instructor-methodologist. During training, professional equipment is used. The club has a children’s playroom, where master classes and entertainment and educational events are held. Parents can leave the child for 3-4 hours.
In between skiing, you can visit the Husky Center and the Reindeer Farm, where dog and reindeer sledding are held after the tour. On the second level of the resort Gorki Gorod there are trails for tyubing. An open skating rink was built opposite the main lift.
Aquapark in the shopping center “Gorki Mall” – one of the favorite off-the-day children’s entertainment. Every day there are theatrical programs and sports competitions, animation works. In addition to the traditional water slides and swimming pool, it offers a sandy beach with a restaurant.
Krasnaya Polyana is equipped with 19 eco-trails with a length of over 40 km. Routes pass by lakes, waterfalls, relict forests. Tourists can enjoy panoramic views on specially equipped passes. Trails are divided into several levels of difficulty. The routes are suitable for both independent hikes and excursions with experienced guides.
Lovers of modern architecture can visit the Olympic Village, 50 km away. Today it is open not only for athletes, but also for tourists. Walking through the village you can see the famous Great Ice Palace, fisht Stadium, Iceberg Winter Sports Palace. Cable cars are laid to the Olympic Park.
The cultural and ethnographic center “My Russia” was opened shortly before the Olympics. The collection of buildings built on its territory demonstrates how diverse the architecture and life in the country are. Here you can see copies of the Moscow and Kazan Kremlin, a traditional Kuban house with a thatched roof, a Ural brick factory, a Buryat datsan.
On the territory of the resort there is an Adventure Bureau, which offers interesting activities in the mountains. Travelers can go trekking with guides, go mountain biking, hike on hiking trails.
Every tourist can appreciate the high level of service in Mövenpick Krasnaya Polyana. Convenient location and developed infrastructure make the rest comfortable, and the picturesque views from the windows of the hotel room – unforgettable.