You can relax in the Crimea in different ways. Some are attracted by the warm sea, others by the wonderful air of the mountains, and others need both plus treatment. An excellent option for a full and relaxing holiday will be the hotel Thyssen House in the village of Gurzuf near Yalta. Or rather, not in the village, but 2 kilometers from it, in the middle of a cypress grove, away from the noise and fun of the resort embankments. This place is located in the mountains where there is no industrial production. The owners of the guest house themselves run a homestead to feed their guests organic products.Check Rates
The idea to create a hotel that will provide guests with a reception according to the environmental standards of Europe, was realized in 2005. It was built on the closed territory of the children’s camp “Artek” just above the building “Morskaya” and its infrastructure. At the same time, no more than 36 people can be accommodated here. This is a very quiet place, surrounded by an old cypress grove. There are conditions for a fashionable rest of the level of alpine mountain hotels. People come here to hide from the city noise and heal a little.
Important! Since the guest house is located on the territory of Artek, you will need to issue a pass for entry. This is done by the hotel staff, but before arrival it is necessary to check again, indicating the time of arrival. The gates are guarded by The Russian Guards, it will not be possible to enter simply with a passport. The pass is issued for the entire period of stay.
There will be no problems for those who book a transfer at the hotel. If vacationers decide to get on their own, then you need to get to the stele with the inscription: “Artek” (highway “Simferopol – Yalta”), then get to the checkpoint number 6. After the gate, follow the signs along the road: “Thyssen House”. Car owners are provided with a place in the free guarded parking.
To accommodate guests there are 12 unique rooms. One-room double rooms include:
- “Amber”, standard, 28 sq. m., located on the 1st floor, the interior is dominated by shades of amber, there are two single beds, armchairs, table, bathroom with bath and shower-watering can;
- “Crystal”, standard, 34 sq. m, with a French balcony, a bathroom with shower, the room has a large double bed, the room is on the 3rd floor, the sea is visible from the windows;
- “Ruby”, standard, 38.5 sq. m, located on the 1st floor, there is a terrace with furniture, a double bed, there is a possibility of placing a third person on a folding sofa, a bathroom with a bath;
- “Malachite”, standard, 37 sq. m, with a French balcony and a view of the cypress grove, it is possible to install an additional place in the form of a euro-folding, the room is located on the 2nd floor, the room has a double bed, comfortable antique armchairs, a bathroom with a bath;
- “Coral”, standard, 37 sq. m, on the 1st floor, with a furnished terrace, the room has a double bed, it is possible to accommodate two more people on a pull-out sofa, a bathroom with a bath;
- “Pearl”, standard, 30 sq. m, on the 2nd floor, balcony with furniture, double bed, extra beds are not provided, bathroom with bath.
Two-room suites are designed for comfortable living of families with children or companies of friends. They may consider the following options:
- “Azure”, junior suite, 27 sq. m, located on the 1st floor, without a balcony, a double bed is designed for the main seats, two additional ones are supposed to be on the sofa, bath;
- “Emerald”, triple suite, 65 sq. m, located on the 3rd floor, balcony with furniture, the bedroom has a double bed, extra bed is provided on the sofa in the living room, there is a bath;
- “Diamantovy”, triple suite on the 3rd floor, 53 sq. m, in addition to the main beds, it is possible to arrange another one on the sofa, a couch, a bathroom with a bath and shower cabin are installed in the living room;
- “Turquoise”, triple suite, 62 sq. m, with a French balcony, located on the 3rd floor, extra bed on a sofa bed, bathroom with bath;
- “Alexandrite”, 4-bed apartments on the 4th floor with a separate entrance, in addition to 4 main places it is possible to place two more on a sofa bed, a bathroom with a bath.
There is another chic 4-bed apartment “Diamond”. They consist of 3 rooms: a snow-white living room-studio, a bedroom with a double bed and a children’s room. Usually they are ordered by newlyweds or families with children. The room has access to an outdoor terrace with sea and mountain views. Luxury apartments are located on the 4th floor.
All rooms have individual heating, TV, safe, air conditioning, satellite TV, bathrobe/slippers as a matter of course. A minibar is provided. Room service is available. With the Internet, the situation is not very comfortable. Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby.
Pay attention! Pets are not allowed in the hotel’s internal rules.
“We rested with the whole family for a week. We took a “Diamant” room with a bath and a shower. For us, this was very important, since my husband and I love the shower, and the children bathe in the bathroom. It is worth noting that there was always hot water. That’s important too. Vacation was satisfied” Arina, Russia
The main feature of nutrition is its own household farm. The owners have their own farm, where they are engaged in poultry farming, growing vegetable and fruit crops, producing author’s wine and soft drinks. There is an on-site restaurant serving European and Asian cuisine. In the morning, a continental breakfast with organic products is served. During the day, the kitchen is open on the menu.
The hostess herself prepares. If guests are going to lunch and dinner, it is necessary to warn her about it. She will prepare delicious homemade dishes from products from her own backyard. There is no purchased bread or pastries. Everything is prepared here. The owners even have their own olive grove, so they also produce the oil themselves.
The hotel is located at a distance from the Gurzuf embankment, where there are cafes and restaurants. Without a car or taxi, getting there is not easy. If there is a desire to dine somewhere else, then in relative proximity are the following institutions:
- Café Easet (2.6 km) is next to the A.P. Museum House. Chekhov. It is famous for the best seafood dishes in the village, a cozy atmosphere, the presence of an open veranda overlooking the sea.
- Cafe-bar “Sommelier” (2.8 km) is considered the number one among all catering outlets in Gurzuf. Located near the resort “piglet” on the way to the sea. The interior resembles a wine cellar, always sounds pleasant music, the kitchen treats Mediterranean dishes. Orders for food delivery to addresses are accepted.
- Coffee house “Boulevard” (2.9 km) is a cozy place with homemade food, Crimean Tatar yantsyks and other delicacies. Products are always fresh, you can take coffee with you.
In Gurzuf you can always find where to eat. But full meals can be ordered at the hotel. For lovers of dishes on the coals, the owners built an excellent mangal zone. It is located next to the observation deck. In the fenced courtyard there is a table with chairs, a stone brazier with an oven. There are all utensils and accessories (skewers, grate, coal, ignition).
The hotel offers special programs for the improvement of the body with the help of SPA procedures. SPA-complex has been working here since the opening day. Every year, innovations are introduced into the price list that favorably affect the skin, internal organs and general tone of a person. The list of services includes a tropical line, anti-cellulite procedures, complete cleansing of the skin and its preparation for the full perception of cosmetic effects, a variety of wraps. In conjunction with clean mountain air, highly effective results are achieved.
Before the SPA, thermal warming of the body is recommended. For this purpose, Russian and Turkish baths were built. Massage services are available. He specializes in Thai massage, but can also make restorative. The active detoxification program will help cleanse the body of toxins and give a charge for the whole next year.
The concept of the hotel “Thyssen House” is aimed at spending the most relaxing leisure time. Spend your free time reading or watching TV programs. Baths and spas are also available. A walk through the cypress grove will bring a lot of fun. Everywhere there are cozy gazebos where you can sit and admire nature
Pay attention! Walking on the territory of the camp “Artek” is prohibited.
Sports facilities are available at the hotel. There is a small gym, table tennis, fitness instructors. Employees can organize horseback riding, hiking in the mountains, health and walking.
At any time, you can order a transfer or go to Gurzuf or Yalta by your own car to have fun. For example, go to a concert, to the theater, to visit an exhibition or a cinema.
An outdoor pool without heating is available on site. The water is fresh. Open in the summer season from June 1 to September 30. Along the perimeter there are sun loungers, so on some days you can do without a trip to the sea. Drinks can be enjoyed at the restaurant. The hostess prepares the author’s tinctures and lemonades.
Guests of the guest house have free access to the beach of the sanatorium “Ayu-Dag”. It is 800 metres away, so there is a free delivery of guests to the well-maintained coastline. They are given beach towels before leaving. The schedule of trips is at the reception. Sunbeds and canopies have already been installed on the beach. The coating is pebbled, the bottom with stones. It is advisable to have shoes for bathing. On the beach there are changing cabins, showers, toilet, café.
The hotel accepts children from all ages. Young guests can stay and eat free of charge if they are under 7 years of age. A baby cot is available in the room upon prior arrangement. High chairs are available in the dining room. The infrastructure includes a children’s playroom, an outdoor playground, a shallow section in the communal pool. Babysitting services are available for a fee. Animation programs are held regularly.
In order to entertain children for real, it is best to go to Yalta. The distance from the hotel will be about 20 km, but in the “pearl” of the Crimean coast you can visit popular places for children:
- Dolphinarium “Nemo”;
- water park “Atlantis”;
- zoo “Fairy Tale”;
- amusement parks.
In Gurzuf Park. Pushkin installed trampolines, carousels, children’s cars are rented.
The hotel staff will help to book an excursion to any locality of the Crimean coast. They work with Gurzuf’s tour desk and local guides to help arrange hiking trips along the mountain trails. Nearby there are attractions that can be viewed independently or as part of a tour group. These include:
- Giray Tower (1.07 km) – it is also called the “Eagle’s Nest”. The remains of the fortress wall and silicon base have been preserved. It is located on a rock named after the great Russian singer Chaliapin. This is a natural attraction that is worth wandering around and admiring the views.
- Suuk-Su Palace (1, 29 km) is the former estate of the Russian bridge builder Vladimir Berezin and his wife Olga Solovyova. At the beginning of the twentieth century, Chaliapin, Surikov, Bunin, Kuprin rested here, Nicholas II stayed here in 1913, as well as the Emir of Bukhara. Now the building belongs to the sanatorium “Azure”. Around the luxurious park.
- Pushkin Grotto (1.29 km) is a memorable place on the descent from the Suuk-Su Park to the sea. On the trail there is a bust of the poet in memory of his stay in Gurzuf in 1820.
Staying in the guest house«Thyssen House»,vacationers can count on cozy rooms, organic food, comfortable transfer to the beach, calm and friendly atmosphere.