Pleasant in all respects the city of Tikhvin (Leningrad region) will become even more attractive if you stay in its best hotel “Astral”. These are not only interesting themed rooms, but also a huge Aqua center right next to it. The hotel offers a wide variety of entertainment, comfortable rest in between excursions, a good restaurant, excellent service.Check Rates
The hotel complex consists of three buildings. Two of them (A and B) are in close proximity to the water park. The buildings are located on Sovetskaya Street, 18. This is the historical part of Tikhvin, especially interesting for exploring the heroic past of the city. Building B is located in the administrative center of Tikhvin, in the 2nd microdistrict, house 1A.
All three buildings are in close proximity to the entertainment infrastructure. In shopping and entertainment centers there are pharmacies, shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas. Not far from each of them there are clinics or hospitals, public transport stops.
In Tikhvin usually come by car, bus or train. Air communication with the city stopped in the 80s of the last century. In the village of Pagolda there is a small airfield that receives domestic flights. You can use the services of the nearest “air gate”:
- Pulkovo (St. Petersburg) – 218 km;
- Besovets (Petrozavodsk) – 277 km;
- Cherepovets – 312 km.
The A114 highway passes through the city, connecting Novaya Ladoga and Vologda. Intercity bus services provide an uninterrupted inflow / outflow of tourists from St. Petersburg, the Vologda region and Karelia. One flight goes to Volkhov, once a week there is a bus to Petrozavodsk and Cherepovets.
The most popular is the railway connection. From St. Petersburg you can get here by the October railway. On the day the station receives more than a dozen trains running in both directions. There is no direct connection with Moscow, but you can take the Murmansk train to one of the stations connecting with trains.
Arriving by their own transport in the hotel are provided with parking spaces. In addition, on the territory of the hotel complex there is a good car service. It can simultaneously accept up to 7 cars. While tourists get acquainted with the sights of the city, the masters will wash, clean, polish the car, and also make repairs of any complexity.
Important! The hotel does not provide transfer services.
A total of 37 thematic rooms have been prepared in all 3 buildings. Each of them is decorated in an individual style by the name of one of the countries of the world. All living quarters are equipped with a bathroom with shower. By room categories can be divided as follows:
- single standards (24 sq. m.);
- double standards (37 sq. m.);
- suites (70 sq. m.).
Depending on the tasks of the trip to Tikhvin, guests are determined with the choice of the building for accommodation. For them prepared:
- in building A – 14 rooms (of which 2 suites – “Africa” and “East”);
- in building B – 12 rooms (superior comfort includes “Arab Emirates”, “Hungary” and “Germany”);
- in building B – 11 rooms (no suites).
The price includes: access to the water park without time limits, parking, Wi-Fi, 6 breakfast options to choose from. Everyone is given a 20% discount on visiting the sports complex of the hotel.
“My family and I are coming to Tikhvin not for the first time. To bring joy to children, we stop in building A. In this building there is a water park. They lived in “America” and “England”. The rooms are spacious, there is where to put an extra bed. In addition to breakfast, a complex dinner was additionally taken. It is available on weekdays, the administrator includes it in the payment. The service is excellent, the room is clean, there is always hot/cold water» Olga, Russia
Pay attention! The hotel does not accept guests with pets.
Two restaurants are responsible for the meals of the guests. “Astral” is located on the first floor of the Aqua Center. Guests are offered Russian and European cuisine. “Rioni” is located in building B. Its menu includes Russian and Caucasian dishes. Breakfast is served in both rooms in the morning. Guests choose one option from the proposed six. The kitchen prepares takeaways. The hotel has a “room service”. So food and drinks can be delivered to the room on request from guests.
“Astral” is one of the ten most popular restaurants in the city. Visitors rate his kitchen on a solid four. The kitchen is à la carte daily from noon to midnight. “Rioni” occupies the fourth position among all restaurants in Tikhvin. People like the interior, intimate atmosphere, varied menu. Both restaurants are open with food delivery to the address.
If you want to try other food, you should pay attention to the restaurants located nearby:
- sushi bar “Sakura Hit” (200 m) – order sushi, rolls, inside the usual atmosphere for restaurants of Japanese cuisine, the chef copes well with the preparation of Far Eastern dishes;
- restaurant with real draught beer “Czech Dvor” (700 m);
- restaurant “History” takes first place in the hit parade of gastrotour lovers. It is located on the same Soviet Street, not far from the Assumption Monastery. It is cozy, well fed, prices are affordable. The restaurant is conveniently located. It can be reached even during peak hours.
Not very famous, but very tasty café “Cloudberry” is located in the 4th microdistrict. There is an excellent team of chefs working here. Food delivery is available. Soups are considered a hit, including the author’s tomato soup.
“I really liked the approach of the hotel administration to the choice of breakfasts. I chose the option with porridge, pancakes and tea. The best dish of the restaurant on the menu is considered to be “Alpine salad”. I recommend everyone to order it for dinner” Marina.
You can spend your free time without leaving the hotel (if the place of residence is in building A or B). The building houses one of the best aqua centers in the Leningrad region. Water purification and addition of reagents is carried out in automatic mode. The balance of chlorinated substances is strictly regulated. Equipment and attractions have certificates of European conformity and safety. For guests of buildings A and B services are absolutely free, because are included in the payment of accommodation. With children under 2 years old, they will not be allowed inside.
The center is open on weekdays from 10 am to 10 pm, on weekends from 9.00 to 22.00. To services of visitors:
- swimming pool with children’s bathing area. In the middle there is a “Geyser”. There are two zones with hydromassage (niagara and Rondo waterfalls), the “paddling pool” has its own small waterfall;
- water attractions “Gorki”;
- Jacuzzi complex (several hot tubs, hydromassage chair for up to 6 people);
- bath complex (Finnish sauna, Russian steam room, Turkish bath, hot tub with ice water, pouring barrel).
There is also a cafeteria on site. It serves excellent ice cream with fillers, desserts, cakes, lemonade and other goodies.
More information! At the entrance to the Aqua Center, each visitor receives an electronic bracelet. It records data on visits to paid facilities, including an order in the cafeteria. For it will have to pay only in cash. Payment is made at the exit.
On the third floor, just above the Aqua Park, there is a large sports complex. Guests of the hotel receive a 20% discount on its visit. For customers are equipped with spacious changing rooms, shower rooms, drinking regime and towels. They offer several gyms:
- simulator with cardio, strength, block simulators;
- tatami mats for martial arts and yoga;
- fitness room for group classes;
- tennis court;
- table tennis tables.
After training, you can recuperate in the tanning studio “Kacadu”, in the massage room, make yourself shugaring or just sit in a massage chair.
Instructors of the sports complex are always ready to provide services for the development of individual and group training. They conduct classes by prior arrangement at a convenient time for the client.
At the hotel “Astral” opened the eponymous shopping center. This is a two-storey building, on the territory of which more than 30 outlets are located. The assortment includes children’s and adult clothes, shoes, electronics, household goods, books, souvenirs, watches, haberdashery. There is a flower salon, beauty studio, cafeteria.
The city hosts festivals of international and federal importance. They fall on different seasons of the year, but they are worth a visit. Major cultural events are:
- Competition of children’s choreographic creativity “Tikhvin Forest”. It has been held annually since 1991 at the end of March. Usually gathers more than a thousand participants from 70-80 cities of Russia and neighboring countries.
- Open festival of wind and jazz music “September in Tikhvin”. It has the status of international, held since 2000 in the last decade of September.
- Festival of military-patriotic song “Who will tell the truth about the war?”. In 2010, Tikhvin was awarded the title of City of Military Glory, but the festival is not timed to this date. It has been held since 2001 and has the status of interregional. It grew out of the traditions of the Afghan Song Club. The organizers are the society of soldiers-internationalists and the city committee on youth affairs.
The hotel accepts children of all ages. A child over 6 years of age is considered an adult. Cots and extra beds are available at an extra charge. Children’s menu is not provided, in the Aqua Park is allowed only from the age of 2. There are no playgrounds, board games too.
When the child gets bored with the slide in the pool, you can take him to interesting places in Tikhvin, designed for the rest of the little guests of the city. These include entertainment clubs:
- “Solar Kingdom”.
- “Smeshariki Club”.
- Museum of the game.
The administrator of the building will tell you how to get to the selected site and which type of transport is better suited.
The proximity to the historical center of Tikhvin will allow you to walk to the main attractions of the city in 10-15 minutes. Its history is directly connected with the Orthodox monasteries and monasteries built here in the Middle Ages. Of the objects of religious significance, the most interesting are:
- Male Assumption Monastery, founded in 1560, operating, finally restored by 2004. After restoration and restoration work, the miraculous icon was returned to the monastery, the temples located on the territory were consecrated. Here is the Tikhvin Historical and Architectural Museum;
- The Vvedensky Convent, founded in 1560, is under restoration. On the territory there are several temples and buildings of historical importance;
- The stone church of Job the Long-Suffering (1852-1856 biennium) was built by architect Ivan Roate.
Here, in the old town, on the banks of the Tikhvinka river there is a house-museum of the great Russian composer Nikolai Andreevich Rimsky-Korsakov. It was opened for the 100th anniversary of the brilliant countryman in 1944. In this estate was born and grew up the future author of “Snow Maiden”, “May Night” and other classic works.
Part of the “old town” is built up with wooden houses made in the northern style of the 18th century. Also preserved are dilapidated locks of the 19th century – part of the water system connecting the Volga with the Baltic Sea.
It is hardly possible to find in Tikhvin a more complete and balanced hotel complex than the 4-star “Astral”. It is made in the likeness of famous European boutique hotels, provides guests with a choice of entertainment and food.