Art-hotel “Rachmaninov” offers guests of St. Petersburg to settle in the heart of the city. The hotel is located just behind the Kazan Cathedral. This is literally a few meters from Nevsky Prospekt and the main attractions of the northern capital. The building has historical significance. It was built in the 19th century. Today, it combines fashionable interiors in the early 20th century and modern amenities. Each element is thought out to the smallest detail. Here reigns the atmosphere of old St. Petersburg with its literary salons and the art of the “Silver Age”.Check Rates
The unique location of the hotel in the center of St. Petersburg is estimated at 9.9 points according to the internet service booking.com. Metro station “Nevsky Prospekt” is within walking distance – 400 m. This is an interchange station from which you can directly get to the Moscow and Ladoga railway stations. With transfers – to Finland, Baltic and Vitebsk railway stations. 500 meters from the “Rachmaninoff” is the metro station “Admiralteyskaya”.
Pulkovo Airport is 21 km away. The hotel administration offers a paid transfer. For those arriving on their own, a free parking space is provided. This should be warned in advance. From the metro station “Moskovskaya” run buses number 39, 39e. Travel time is 20 minutes. Then you can use the metro or walk.
The hotel is set in a historic building dating from the 19th century. The composer Sergei Rachmaninoff spent several years of his youth here. The owners retain the atmosphere of the old apartment building and the room in which the maestro lived. The interiors are more like museum halls than living quarters. In the preservation of historical life, culture, manner of communication is the mission of the hotel. There was no modern renovation. Antique furniture, stair railings, windows, doors have been carefully restored.
Particular attention is drawn to the collection of antiques and art paintings collected by the owners of the hotel. The layout itself is more like a gallery of the exhibition hall. That is the concept of this place. No wonder representatives of St. Petersburg culture and art often gather here. They hold musical evenings, literary readings, organize meetings with artists.
“It seems that I got into the past on a time machine. In the chic living room there is a grand piano. It is sometimes played by guests if one of them owns the instrument. I loved to sit in the evenings on the balcony with a cup of coffee and enjoy the atmosphere of old St. Petersburg. Thanks to the management for creating such a pleasant atmospheric place” Victoria, Russia
The house has 27 rooms with historic interiors and modern amenities. Artists are constantly working on the design of their appearance. For example, for the 5th anniversary of the hotel, they painted the doors with ornaments created based on the works of Rachmaninoff. The furnishings of each room are not like other interiors. In the art hotel, each room has its own history, vintage refinement.
More information! The hotel fund was created on the basis of former communal apartments. After the reconstruction, a shower or bath appeared in each room. Not all rooms have a fridge and kettle. Drinking water in bottles is issued upon check-in. Mattresses on the beds are spring-loaded.
It offers rooms of the following categories of comfort:
- Single standard (24 sq. m.). There is 1 room of this category. The room has a bed and a half, a desk, a chair, a mirror. The interior is decorated in the style of the 19th century.
- Double standard (18 sq. m.). There are 9 rooms of this category in the fund. This is a classic of hotel accommodation for two people. There are 2 single beds or 1 double bed, table, chairs, armchair for rest. For things thought out a spacious dressing room.
- Comfort (24 sq. m.). There are 12 rooms of this category. The interiors are recreated taking into account the bohemian chic of the early 20th century. The room is designed to accommodate 2 people + 1 extra bed.
- Superior (26 sq. m)- 3 superior rooms with terrace. They have access to a shared kitchen. It has a refrigerator, kettle, microwave, bar. From the kitchen there is a separate exit to the terrace (rooms are located on the 1st floor). Several styles were used in the interior design. The walls are lined with brick in the loft tradition, decorative elements are made in the vintage style or antique restored things are used. For the rest of a large company, you can book three rooms at once. Then at the disposal of guests will be the entire floor and terrace.
- Two-Bedroom Suite (55 sqm) is an elegant premium room. A strong interior is thought out to the smallest detail, only antique furniture is used. Both bedrooms have private bathrooms. There is also a kitchenette. The room has many windows, which makes it bright. They all overlook the courtyard. Also in the room there is a safe, individual air conditioning. Additionally, upholstered furniture for rest is installed.
- Executive Suite “Rachmaninoff” (55 sq. m.) with a private balcony, study, bedroom and living room. In the room where the office is located, from 1882 to 1885, Sergei Rachmaninoff lived. During these years, he studied at the Conservatory, and in winter evenings he went down to a quiet courtyard to go ice skating. Here, at the end of the century before last, they began to fill the first skating rink in St. Petersburg. The bedroom has a set, previously owned by the writer Vladimir Nabokov. The wall in the hallway is plastered with newspaper clippings from the late 19th century. This is a real museum room, which can be settled up to 5 people. The balcony overlooks the Kazan Cathedral – one of the main Orthodox churches in St. Petersburg with a very difficult fate.
All rooms have an exclusive layout. They are cleaned daily. High-speed Wi-Fi is available. Pets are allowed. The cost of payment for the accommodation of the pet must be clarified with the administrator.
Important! The hotel is smoke-friendly! There are a lot of things of historical interest here. In addition, vernissages of famous artists are often held. Downstairs there are smokers.
“Do you want to hook a piece of historical Peter? Then that’s your option. Those who are accustomed to the amenities of a different level, I want to warn: smoking is not allowed, the rooms are cool and there is nothing you can do about it, the same dishes are served for breakfast. There is no swimming pool, sauna, only culture and art. There are very interesting meetings with creative people. A huge plus is the location in the very center» Natalia, Russia
Breakfast is included in the price. It is served in the format of a “buffet” or set menu of three options: Russian, Italian, English. Half board can be arranged. In this case, from 16.00 to 23.00 will be prepared dinner, consisting of three dishes. A choice of hot, salad, dessert and drink is available. The bar is open 24 hours a day. The assortment includes light snacks, tea /coffee, alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks, cocktails.
In the city center there are a huge number of restaurants and cafes of different price categories. In the houses next door to the “Rachmanin”, you can have lunch or dinner at the following catering points:
- “Suliko” is a restaurant of Georgian cuisine. Signature dish – khinkali with different fillings (lamb, mixed minced meat, cheese), a wide variety of cold snacks, dolma in grape leaves, kebabs, kebabs and much more at a democratic price;
- “Terrassa” is one of the most popular restaurants in St. Petersburg. From the open terrace there is a view of the Kazan Cathedral, Nevsky Prospekt, the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. The chip is an open kitchen and an independent choice of sea delicacies. The chef prepares them right in front of the guests;
- “MamaLyga” is a restaurant of Caucasian cuisine, which serves Armenian, Ossetian, Georgian, Adjarian and other traditional dishes of the peoples of the Caucasus;
- “Eurasia” (Bolshaya Morskaya Street – 100 m from the hotel) – a network sushi bar, Japanese cuisine;
- “Starbucks” (Gostiny Dvor – 200 m) – a network American coffee house, in the menu snacks, desserts, pastries, coffee;
- “Shokoladnitsa” (Nevsky Prospekt – 200 m) is a network coffee shop.
The restaurants prepare meals with delivery and takeaway.
“For me, it was important to have breakfast and dinner. So I ordered half board. Meals were served in a separate room. Everything was deliciously cooked. The plus was that you don’t have to go anywhere. I came from classes and ate and slept. On weekends we went to Suliko. Very decent restaurant with a warm homely atmosphere” Tatiana, Russia
Tickets for various events can be purchased and delivered. St. Petersburg is not in vain considered the cultural capital of Russia. There are daily shows, performances, film premieres, concerts, exhibitions, vernissages, excursion tours are arranged. The administrator will help you buy tickets for your favorite event, call a taxi or tell you how to get there by public transport.
In the living room of the art hotel, meetings with creative people are regularly held. On the second floor there is a private photo studio. Interiors are very popular among fans of historical photo shoots. One of them can be carried out without leaving the hotel.
The hotel has several own art projects:
- eco-art village “Rajan Loma” in Finland;
- exclusive «Antic & Modern» – art club gallery of contemporary artists of St. Petersburg;
- video newspaper “ArtWay.TV” is constantly updated on YouTube hosting.
The hotel provides its premises for art coworking, meetings, mini seminars.
Children of any age are accepted here. Adults are considered to be guests over 18 years of age. For babies from 0 to 2 years old, a cot is provided free of charge. For an extra bed for a child from 3 to 7 years inclusive, a surcharge of 1000 rubles is established. Starting from the age of 8, a fee of 1500 rubles per day is charged (prices are valid for March 2021)
Of the entertainment, only children’s TV channels are available. St. Petersburg is not a city where you want to spend your free time in a hotel. For children there is a huge amount of entertainment. Travelers advise to visit with a child:
- Cruiser Aurora Museum;
- “Russian Museum” – it is located 800 meters from the hotel;
- on the Griboyedov Canal there is a small pier, from where pleasure boats depart. The route passes through the canals of the city, Neva, Fontanka;
- “Hermitage” is the main museum of the country, at the same time you can look at the Senate Square. Major city events, festivities, children’s competitions are often held here;
- theaters (puppet, interactive, young spectators and others);
- updated planetarium.
The largest water park “Peterland” is located on Pionersky Prospekt (metro Begovaya, Zenit, Staraya Derevnya).
The hotel has its own tour desk. Managers will select or develop a route for the most interesting objects for the guest. You can visit the historical places located nearby:
- Kazan Cathedral;
- Stroganov Palace;
- Peter and Paul Lutheran Church;
- Basilica of St. Catherine of Alexandria;
- Russian Museum;
- Church of the Savior on Blood;
- St. Isaac’s Cathedral;
- Fabergé Museum.
All objects are within walking distance from the hotel “Rachmaninov”. A great place for evening walks will be Nevsky Prospekt. For shopping lovers, boutiques of Gostiny Dvor are available.
Staying at this hotel, guests are immediately in touch with the culture and history of the great northern city. The staff is friendly to their guests, ready to assist in solving any issue.