In the Sochi resort of Rosa Khutor, you can enjoy the fantastic landscape of the untouched nature of the Caucasus, experience unforgettable sensations while skiing down the slopes or snowboarding, improve your health in the SPA and try the most delicious dishes prepared by the chefs of local restaurants. In many ways, this is facilitated by the Park Inn hotel by Radisson.Check Rates
Ready to plunge into a winter fairy tale? Then this article is for you!
Ski resort Rosa Khutor is located in the most modern (in terms of tourism) city of the Krasnodar Territory, 8 kilometers from Krasnaya Polyana. The Black Sea coast and the proximity of the Caucasus Mountains makes the city of Sochi unique in terms of recreation: here you can bask on the beach in the summer and ski in the winter.
The name of the resort was received from the Estonian living here from among the settlers of the XIX century. His name was Adul Rooza, and he and everyone around him called the place of residence a farm. Gradually, the extra vowel was thrown out of the name, and the resort became known as Rosa Khutor. The name of the resort has nothing to do with the queen of the flower kingdom.
The most dramatic leap in the development of Sochi was in the second decade of the XXI century, when Russia received the right to host the XXII Winter Olympic Games. In record time, Olympic facilities were built in Sochi, new roads were laid, ski slopes were equipped and lifts were launched. The Olympics in Russia became a grandiose event that allowed us to slightly change the attitude of other countries towards us. All foreign tourists who visited the Olympics were pleasantly surprised by the fact that Sochi is a modern industrial city with good infrastructure, on the streets of which bears and cheerful locals in earflaps, felt boots and balalaikas do not walk.
International experts were forced to admit that security in Russia is at the highest level, and our country was recommended to visit. Indeed, in Sochi, as well as throughout Russia, there is something to see.
Rosa Khutor is the largest ski resort of all four in Krasnaya Polyana. In total, more than a hundred trails of varying complexity are open here, to which tourists are delivered as many as 26 lifts. Here you can ride and beginners, and experienced athletes. Ski trails are located between altitudes of 850 meters and 2025 meters above sea level.
At the turn of the new century, the owner of the Park Inn hotel chain, the Japanese company Olympus Hospitality Group, decided to cooperate with another hotel giant – Carlson Hotels Worldwide. Within three years, the company became the full owner of the network, and the Japanese “parent” withdrew from management. Carlson Hotels has radically changed hotels – from the logo to the values and goals. The hotelier came to Russia in 2009, signing an agreement with the Russian company “Regional Hotel Network”. As it became known later, very timely. After the launch of hotels in Sochi, it became known about the winter Olympic Games in this city. This event not only allowed the hotel to occupy a certain niche in the resort town, but also gave a powerful impetus to development. Until now, the Park Inn hotel from Radisson keeps a high bar of service and conducts a flexible pricing policy, remaining accessible to different segments of the population. The modern hotel is perfect for both leisure and business meetings and negotiations.
Park Inn by Radisson Rosa Khutor is 70 kilometres from the airport, next to the Olympia Cable Car. From the airport, guests are taken to Krasnaya Polyana by Aeroexpress, and the hotel can be reached by Lastochka in half an hour. Convenient location and good transport accessibility allows guests not only to ski with comfort, but also to visit nearby attractions.
Oksana and Rustam, Naberezhnye Chelny: We arrived at Christmas with two children. Loved the hotel, although we only slept there and had breakfast, so we did not take a room with a view. But the room was still very nice, cozy and warm. Breakfast in the restaurant is outstanding. Impressions of Rosa Khutor mass. We’ll come again.
The hotel is located in a modern beautiful five-storey building. Choose from rooms for families with one or two children, family rooms for large families, cozy nests for lovers and other travelers.
In the spacious Standard, Family and Superior rooms, guests can choose between a large double bed or two single beds. In addition, it is possible to accommodate a child in an extra bed. Each room has a fresh modern atmosphere, comfortable furniture. Free Wi-Fi, an iron with ironing board and hot tea and coffee making facilities are available from the comfort of your room. Some rooms have stunning river views, while Superior rooms have a balcony.
Meals are organized in the restaurant, where highly qualified chefs prepare dishes of European, Russian and Mediterranean cuisine from local products. Since the restaurant cooperates with local farmers and producers, the quality of dishes in the restaurant is always on top. In addition to the restaurant, the hotel has two bars serving drinks and snacks from around the world.
In winter, “Rosa Khutor” turns into a center of sports and recreation. Here you can go skiing, skating, “vatrushki” and sledding. Among the 108 trails, tourists with any training can find a place to ride, including children, of which there are a lot. What could be better than a rapid flight from a snowy mountain on a sled or tubing, when strong daddy’s hands are holding you behind you, snowflakes fly in your face, and inside everything shrinks with delight? Only the same descent on a snowboard or alpine skiing, with the help of an experienced instructor. And when you get tired of riding, you can play snowballs or build a snow fortress with other children.
Parents can not worry about the leisure of children, at the resort “Rosa Khutor” they will definitely like it. And after an active day in the fresh mountain air, children sleep sweetly in the cosy warm rooms of the Park Inn by Radisson.
But not only children rest at the ski resort, adults not only ride to the drop, but also experience the same feelings. The reason for this mood is the special climate of the Caucasus Mountains, the level of oxygen in the blood increases in athletes, active movement provokes the production of endorphins – hormones of happiness. In the first days, vacationers may have a little headache, but when the body gets used to clean air, this discomfort passes.
The resort awaits guests at any time of the year. Summer here is very productive, so Krasnaya Polyana is chosen by people with an active life position. Guests are engaged in rafting, riding bicycles and horses, walking along the “Path of Health”, doing Nordic walking, riding a Segway, velomobile and karting scooter, and also show miracles of agility, overcoming the obstacles of the rope “Panda Park” at an altitude of 1350 meters above sea level.
Denis, Moscow: Everything was at a very high level. Very clean rooms. Stunning view from the window to the river. It is very convenient that the swimming pool, sauna and fitness club are open until 23.00 from 6.00 am. After a long day in the fresh air, you can relax with the children. We had 2 connecting rooms with a Nespresso coffee maker and fresh coffee every day. As a result – an amazing hotel!!!
- Sochi Arboretum is the largest subtropical park in Russia, with more than 1500 species of trees and shrubs. The park was built in 1892. There is a huge variety of exotic plants that can be admired in a relaxing atmosphere. Guests can enjoy panoramic views of the sea and the coast from the local cable car.
- Founded in 1898, the Riviera Park was the private property of the famous Moscow merchant dynasty of the Khludovs. This is the most popular place among locals and a must visit in any tourist route. This is a lively place where you can get acquainted with 250 species of plants, ride rides, visit art galleries and cafes.
- The Museum of the History of Sochi is an unusual little museum that opened in 1920. It is open to anyone who wants to immerse themselves in the archaeological history of the city of Sochi, its role in World War II and other aspects of social history. A few decades ago, an exposition of classical Russian art was opened, many exhibits and photographs of which are associated with the rich history of the city.
- The Sochi Art Museum was opened in 1936, located in the center of a deciduous park, in a classic building, which in itself is a work of art. The museum’s collection includes about 5,000 exhibits, including antique icons and paintings of the XIX – XX centuries, works by such famous Russian artists as Shishkin and Serov, as well as coins and weapons of the 1st century AD. The museum regularly hosts debut exhibitions of local artists.
- Sochi Discovery World Aquarium – a huge aquarium is located on the territory of 6000 square meters and contains 30 aquariums, a total of 5 million liters of water, and is considered one of the largest aquariums in Europe. Here, visitors can enjoy colorful fish for hours, watch sharks, penguins, seahorses, dolphins and many other marine life. In one of the artificial reservoirs you can make a diving tour.
- Singing fountains,built in 1970, are located directly opposite the Sochi Shopping Gallery. This is one of the most visited places in the city. Fountains are active only in summer, usually in the late afternoon.
- Sochi Embankment is the main pedestrian embankment with a length of about 2 kilometers, running from the Marine Station to Pushkin Avenue. Locals call it a promenade. The large beautiful street is one of the most popular recreation areas in the city. Along the Black Sea coast there are attractions, souvenir shops, cafes with outdoor terraces, bars and nightclubs. The promenade is beautifully decorated with flowers, palm trees, elegant lanterns and benches.
- Skypark AJ Hackett Sochi is the largest high-altitude extreme entertainment park in the world, located in the picturesque relic forest of the Sochi National Park near the Krasnaya Polyana ski resort. Here, those who are brave in soul can bungee jump from the longest pedestrian bridge in the world, test themselves on the world’s highest 170-meter swings and other attractions, sit on the fastest cart, visit the rope adventure park and enjoy a magnificent panoramic view of the Caucasus Mountains and the Black Sea coast from a height of 207 meters.
- The highest point of the coastal zone is the 700-meter Mount Akhun,which offers stunning views of the countryside and the city. There are also many ancient caves in the vicinity of Sochi, which makes this city even more mysterious and exciting.
- Krasnaya Polyana is an urban-type settlement in the Adler district of Greater Sochi and the capital of the mountain cluster of the XXII Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2014. It offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the mountains of the Western Caucasus at any time of the year.
- Spa resort Matsesta is a neighborhood in Sochi, located on the Black Sea coast. There are hot springs where the water contains more than 27 types of minerals and is known for its health benefits. Matsesta is especially popular among those with breathing and heart problems.
- Lake Ritsa is surrounded by green hills and beautiful plants. The lake is located outside Sochi in the north-west of Abkhazia, at an altitude of 950 meters above sea level in the mountains of the Western Caucasus. The best way to get there is to book an excursion tour to Sochi. Unfortunately, there are no direct buses to this place. You can get to the lake on your own by car.
- 33 waterfalls,real wonders of nature, are part of the Jegos flow. Waterfalls of various heights, the highest of them – 10 meters. The waterfalls are very picturesque, especially when the snow begins to melt in the spring.